tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fredrik Tolf <fred...@dolda2000.com>
Subject RE: Blocking threads in Tomcat
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 02:28:17 GMT
On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 09:16 -0500, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
> > When, on the other hand, I'm running two requests to "/ls"
> > simultaneously, there is only one thread from the pool in
> > the doGet function.
>
> Any chance the client (or some overly helpful anti-DOS firewall)
> is serializing requests to a common URL?  Try running a Wireshark
> trace on the client to see when the requests are actually being
> sent.

That was actually the problem! I used Firefox for testing, and it just
didn't request the same page twice simultaneously (apparently due to the
pipelining of requests, it would seem). When I tried with two wget
processes instead, it actually worked as it should.

Thanks for the lead, and sorry for the unnecessary commotion!

Fredrik Tolf