tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Context or Mapping problems Apache 2.2 +mod_JK+ Tomcat 5.5
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 18:44:28 GMT
> From: kohanm [mailto:kohan.massoud@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Context or Mapping problems Apache 2.2 +mod_JK+
> Tomcat 5.5
>
> The webaplication is done now, but my boss asked me to change the name
> of URL webapplication. IF I change the directory name than there are
> many jsp pages with many links  with old name's webapplication.

Now the true problem comes out - the webapp name is hardcoded within the webapp; that's extremely
bad practice.  I assume fixing those won't be an easy task.

In this case, you're stuck with needing to deploy the webapp in the directory corresponding
to the old name; there's no way around that.  You can write a filter or valve in Tomcat that
forwards or redirects all requests for the new name to the old one.  You should also be able
to do that with mod_jk directives, but someone else will have to help with that.

 - Chuck