tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Context or Mapping problems Apache 2.2 +mod_JK+ Tomcat 5.5
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:48:13 GMT
> From: kohanm [mailto:kohan.massoud@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Context or Mapping problems Apache 2.2 +mod_JK+
> Tomcat 5.5
>
> The context located  :
> Tomcat 5.5\conf\Catalina\localhost\webapplication.xml
> and I modified as you mentioned:
>
> <Context         debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
> ---
> </Context>
>
> then I tried to check the Tomcat separately with it's port:
>  http://localhost:*8080/booking*/welcome.do*   it worked(*
> Tomcat5.5/webapps/booking*) .*
> **
> and
> http://localhost:*8080/webapplication/welcome.do<http://localh
ost:8080/webapplication/welcome.do>
> did not work.*
> **
> So I think the Tomcat does not mapping to the
> Tomcat5.5/webapps/*booking*
>  directory properly*.*

You need to decide if your application is going to be reachable by the webapplication URI
or the booking URI; choose one or the other, change the name of the <Context> .xml file
to match, change the directory name (or .war file) for the application to match, and stick
with *one* name.  By trying to use both, you're just creating confusion.

 - Chuck