tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Context or Mapping problems Apache 2.2 +mod_JK+ Tomcat 5.5
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 16:45:21 GMT
> From: kohanm [mailto:kohan.massoud@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Context or Mapping problems Apache 2.2 +mod_JK+
> Tomcat 5.5
>
> I removed the  path and docBase attributes like this:
> <Context  path="" docBase=""
>       debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

No, remove means remove, not change the values to null strings.  Your <Context> element
should simply be this:
<Context debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

Where is your <Context> element located now?

Where is your webapp deployed (name of directory or war file)?

> The requested resource (/webapplication/welcome.do)
> is not available.

Verify that you can access the webapp through Tomcat's HTTP connector, then try it through
httpd.  If you can get at it directly but not through httpd, then something's wrong with your
httpd mappings, which I can't help you with.

 - Chuck