tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Context or Mapping problems Apache 2.2 +mod_JK+ Tomcat 5.5
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:56:22 GMT
> From: kohanm <kohan.massoud@gmail.com>
> Subject: Context or Mapping problems Apache 2.2 +mod_JK+ Tomcat 5.5
>
> If I change the directory name Tomcat5.5/webapps/*booking*
> to the *webapplication,* the server works fine.

Which is how it's supposed to work.  The URI path to the webapp is determined by the name
of the webapp's directory or .war file.

> The content of context xml file on
> Tomcat5.5/conf/localhost/*webapplication.xml*:

I'll presume the above is a typo, and should really be
Tomcat5.5/conf/Catalina/localhost/webapplication.xml

(BTW, putting asterisks in what should be verbatim configuration text only confuses things.)

> <Context path="/*webapplication*" docBase="*booking*"

The path attribute is not allowed for this <Context> element, and the docBase setting
conflicts with the name of the .xml file.  At best you'll be getting double deployment, but
the behavior can not be guaranteed to be consistent across different Tomcat levels.

Change the name of the deployment directory to webapplication, remove the path and docBase
attributes, and it all should work.

 - Chuck