tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Uninstalling Applications
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:00:09 GMT
> From: Matt Burkhardt [mailto:mlb@imparisystems.com]
> Subject: RE: Uninstalling Applications
>
> Work directory?  Wow, I finally found the symbolic link
> and was able to find the elements and delete them.  Wow
> - this is one difficult system to understand!

That just raised a red flag: a real Tomcat installation doesn't use any symbolic links.  If
you're using a 3rd-party repackaged version of Tomcat, I'd strongly urge you to throw it away
and install a proper one from tomcat.apache.org.  We've had no end of problems with the repackaged
junk doing wondrous strange things.

> Okay - I have http://[myserver]:8180/manager/html and all I getis a
> blank page - no error, no nothing

The above motion about using a real Tomcat is seconded...

 - Chuck