tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Uninstalling Applications
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 02:25:26 GMT
> From: Matt Burkhardt [mailto:mlb@imparisystems.com]
> Subject: Uninstalling Applications

You seem to be expecting us to guess the Tomcat version you're using.

> First, I have several error messages in the catalina log that
> reference applications that I have removed from my web site.

What are the messages?  Have you cleaned out Tomcat's work directory?  Do you have now-useless
<Context> elements in conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml files?

> Also, I would love to be able to run the admin, but I have a headless
> server so I need to access /manager from a remote machine.  I haven't
> been able to find the documentation for that.  Any ideas?

The links are on Tomcat's default home page; if you've replaced that, it's normally
   http://[siteName]/manager/html
for the manager app, and can be reached from any device that can reach the server.

 - Chuck