tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: ContextListener executes twice
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:51:36 GMT
> From: Riaz, Bob [mailto:Bob.Riaz@Pearson.com]
> Subject: RE: ContextListener executes twice
>
> > 1) Where is your webapp deployed?
> On my dev machine - localhost. Is that what you mean?

No, what directory is it in?  Is it a .war or an expanded webapp?

> > 2) Do you have a META-INF/context.xml file inside your webapp?
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <Context path="/MyWebApp"/>

The path attribute is illegal here.  You don't really need a <Context> at all.

> > 3) Do you have a conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml file?
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <Context
> docBase="C:/..Path/NetBeansProjects/MyWebApp/build/web" path="/
> MyWebApp "/>

The above will override the invalid one in META-INF/context.xml.

> > 4) What is the appBase setting for each of your <Host> elements
> > in conf/server.xml?
> <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"

Do you happen to have a copy of your webapp deployed under Tomcat's webapps directory?  If
so, that would account for the double initialization.

Does the problem occur when you run Tomcat independently of NetBeans, or only if run through
NetBeans?

 - Chuck