tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Setting context in tomcat6
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 13:58:19 GMT
> From: vibhuti [mailto:vibhuti.gupta@thePSI.com]
> Subject: RE: Setting context in tomcat6
>
> I will not be able to access my application using URL
> http://localhost:8080/myapp/, I'll just be able to access it using
> http://localhost:8080/
> I want the users of my web application to be able to access
> it using both the URLs. This is the requirement of our project.

Sounds like a pointy-haired boss thing.

Do you want the app deployed twice, once as the default and once as myapp?  Or do you want
both URLs to access the same instance of the app?

If the former, then deploy the app twice, once as ROOT and once as myapp.

If the latter, then write a filter for the lesser-used URL that redirects or forwards to the
proper one.

 - Chuck