tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: tomcat, apache with mod_jk and mod_auth_kerb
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2008 18:29:13 GMT
> From: Nikhil [mailto:mnikhil@gmail.com]
> Subject: tomcat, apache with mod_jk and mod_auth_kerb
>
> I have earlier tried using the mod_rewrite module
> with proxy  .. but that would ask me to enable the
> http connector port of the tomcat instance and will
> prompt to keep the spoofing chances wide open.

Not necessarily.  You could configure address attribute of the Tomcat HTTP <Connector>
to listen only on 127.0.0.1 if httpd is on the same system, or if on a different system, configure
Tomcat's RemoteAddrValve to limit requests to just that system.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/valve.html#Remote%20Address%20Filter

You may need to adjust the above links for the Tomcat version you're using, which you didn't
bother to tell us.

 - Chuck