tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Runs OutOfMemory (Not at repeated WAR deployments)
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 17:13:42 GMT
> From: Maduranga [mailto:maduranga@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat Runs OutOfMemory (Not at repeated WAR deployments)
>
> OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 2)

Is that 64-bit or 32-bit?

> I have 2G ram for JVM, but I would like to stick with 1G if
> its possible.

If that's 2G for the entire JVM process, the maximum heap you can get away with would be somewhere
around 1.5G, since there's a fair amount of space needed for code, libraries, file space,
etc.

> Do you recommend upgrading to Tomcat 6?

Might have some benefit, but you really need to run a profiler to find out what's consuming
the memory.  The problem is likely to like with your webapp, not Tomcat itself.

 - Chuck