tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: preventing manifest write
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 15:22:08 GMT
> From: J Ilari Moilanen [mailto:imoilane@cc.helsinki.fi]
> Subject: RE: preventing manifest write
>
> And I can guess (without looking onto tomcat code) that the
> problem here is that Tomcat tries to write something that it
> does not need to do during normal servlet execution.

Since you didn't give us the full stack trace, that's just speculation.  The reported error
is likely to have occurred during first reference to the webapp, when the war file gets unpacked.
 The unpacking normally happens in the appBase directory, but I suspect GoDaddy has prevented
the Tomcat userid from writing there, so Tomcat uses the work directory instead.  You may
have problems with on-the-fly JSP compilation as well, so you may need to pre-compile all
JSPs (assuming you can get past this firts issue).

 - Chuck