tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Connick" <a.conn...@virgin.net>
Subject Problems with jsp include files in sub-directories
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 13:45:47 GMT
I'm having problems with the jsp includes directive where the jsp is in a sub-directory.
I have 2 subdirectories:
/admin
/segments

index.jsp contains the line <%@ include file="/segments/setup.jsp" %> which is fine

admin/index.jsp also contains the line <%@ include file="/segments/setup.jsp" %>
This is fine in my test environment, and used to work in my live environment (hosted by an
external company) but has recently stopped working.

I suspect the issue is that Tomcat now sees sub-directory /admin as a separate context. I
believe I have proved this by running a simple admin/test.jsp that displays the results of
request.getContextPath(). This shows blank in test and /admin in live.

Given that it used to work and has now stopped, I think the hosting company should be able
to correct this. However I am having considerable difficulty with this approach. As I cannot
re-create the situation in my testing, I am not too sure how to proceed.

So, I suppose my real questions are:
- Is the way I have structured my code correct ?
- How do I stop Tomcat treating each sub-directory as a different context (more specifically,
how do Instruct the hosting company) ?

Regards
Andrew Connick