tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Retrieving tomcat log files within war
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:37:45 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Atrick" <jjunos@gmail.com>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 12:19 AM
Subject: Retrieving tomcat log files within war

> Is there a way to programmically retrieve the tomcat log files? I can
> reconstruct the log location by doing a
>
> new File(System.getProperty("catalina.base")), logFileIwant  )
>
> but I'm wondering if there's a better way...
>
> Anyone had any experience with doing this?

It all happens thru that conf/logging.properties file... so no I dont think
you'll find a simple solution.
The files are also time stamped so they change all the time, and make sure
you read them "read only" else MS systems will give you an error... I think
it will take some work

Search the archive there was also a discussion where some guy just made the
log folder into a web app, available thru the browser... maybe thats for
you...

Have fun...

The only real POJO Application Server.