tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <>
Subject Re: How to do CGI programming in Tomcat5.5
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:48:11 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "suman" <>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 12:32 PM
Subject: How to do CGI programming in Tomcat5.5

> Gi,
> Can you please point me to a link where it clearly says in step by step
> way
> how to do cgi programming with tomcat5.5 with some examples.
> The Documentation of tomcat 5.5 is not that much helpful, very brief
> without
> any examples.
> Also I am unable to make cgi-servlet up. I tried the steps mentioned in
> apache 5.5 documentation.
> Can anyone please tell me if CGI server is must to be deployed to do CGI
> programming?
> If you need error messages, I'll give you.
> Thank you.
> -suman

If you google for Perl Tomcat... you'll get lucky...

I tried it for fun in NetBeans....

Create a new web project...

In the web.xml file add this...

Under the web-inf folder create /cgi folder

Go to where Tomcat is installed...
under server/lib

do that make em .jar

You in business... but thats where I stopped ;)
You need to get perl and install it on the machine... I imagine it must be
in the path

And find yourself some perl script...

TC help
describes the same thing...

Have fun.... then get into servlets asap ;)

The only real POJO Application Server.
See it in Action :

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: