tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Embedding custom metadata in a jsp page; access generated Class via reflection?
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:48:37 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mikolaj Rydzewski" <miki@ceti.pl>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 2:50 PM
Subject: Re: Embedding custom metadata in a jsp page; access generated Class
via reflection?

> Johnny Kewl wrote:
>> The JSP is well formed XML so
> It's not true.

True... its a choice, jsp or jspx, the user can choose if well formed or
not, the advantage being that if they do the can check the whole doc for
validity.... but doesnt really matter, within the tag or comment its XML.
Dont know about other ide's but in NB you got that right click check XML
thing going... only reason I mentioned it.... also have choice of choosing
JSP or JSPX

I definitely dont think

<%
@MyAnnotation Yada
Some Java
%>
would work.... I dont think JSP compiler is there, maybe wrong....

> IMO it's worse to force users to model JSPs as well formed XML documents
> rather than using additional XML metadata files.

Maybe... but its what Simon wants, and I think that in the end he may just
end up making a tag lib...

Its fun stuff, and who knows maybe he makes a VWP tool that does work on a
large site ;)
Another framework... yummy ;)
Its nice to just see someone exploring an idea... instead of... I got a
problem... where the *** is Chuck ;)

The only real POJO Application Server.