tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Access Local File System
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 22:57:03 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "bperquku" <bperquku@gmail.com>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 8:25 PM
Subject: Re: Access Local File System

> Hi,
>
> I managed to create the second webapp that points on c:/. BUT, now i face
> another problem. Now i have to webapps, first one VideoWebApp, and the
> second one VideoServer (which i use for flv files located on c:/video).
> I'm
> not able to upload files from VideoWebApp to VideoServer. Does anyone had
> the same similar problem.
>
> Thanks a lot,

Not sure if you talking about form uploading or the script doesnt work? I
think the later.

I dont know that SWFObject script you using... I dont even know if it can
play FLV files.
Are you sure it doesnt need a SWF file... I think FLV is just the video
format inside SWF... anyway for that you going to have to talk to the guys
that made the script...

You should be able to open a browser and type
http://domain/VideoServer/AFile.flv
And if the browser wants to download the file... you know that the docbase
webapp is working...
Then you just got to figure out how to make that script happy...

A guess is that you going to have to type something like
../VideoServer/AFile.flv
Couple of dots in front...

Anyway now the script guys should be able to help you... the file is URL
addressable ;)

Have fun...

The only real POJO Application Server.