tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Mast" <jhmast.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Context level logging
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 18:27:54 GMT
OK, i have a webapp which has it's own context element.  I want all the
System.out and System.err stuff from this webapp to go to it's own special
log file as opposed to catalina.out.  My reading of the Tomcat docs (version
5.5) seems to indicate that I can do this by following these steps:

1. set the "swallowOutput" attribute to true in the Context entry in
server.xml
2. add the following to the "logging.properties" file:

    6FOOAPP.org.apache.juli.FileHandler

    6FOOAPP.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.level = FINE
    6FOOAPP.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.directory = ${catalina.base}/logs
    6FOOAPP.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.prefix = FOOAPP.

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/FOOAPP].level
= FINE

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/FOOAPP].handlers
= 6FOOAPP.org.apache.juli.FileHandler

3. restart Tomcat

Is this correct?

The last 2 lines of the edit I really don't understand.

thanks