tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Emsley, I (Iain)" <>
Subject JAAS modules being ignored by Tomcat
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 15:58:43 GMT
I've just deployed a JAAS module onto Tomcat 5.5.23 into the server/lib
file to read a cookie and authenticate via that method for the url:
localhost:8080/ucal. However one of the applications that I'm trying to
log into currently has form-based authentication set in its web.xml:
This is causes an error in which the entire JAAS module is bypassed and
so the resource remains locked up.
I've commented this out and restarted Tomcat but if I click on the above
link, I still get the form which I'm trying to bypass. I've set the
following contraints in the tomcat/conf/web.xml:
                 <description>Resource Calendars</description>
I'd be grateful for any help or advice in getting my login module to
work correctly.
Iain Emsley