tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Slobodanka Dimitrijevic" <sdimitrije...@dirkzwager.com>
Subject RE: How to run own java application within Tomcat
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 09:34:39 GMT

Van: Johnny Kewl [mailto:john@kewlstuff.co.za]
Verzonden: maandag 2 juni 2008 19:23
Aan: Tomcat Users List
Onderwerp: Re: How to run own java application within Tomcat

From: "Slobodanka Dimitrijevic" <sdimitrijevic@dirkzwager.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 11:26 AM
Subject: How to run own java application within Tomcat

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Slobodanka Dimitrijevic [mailto:sdimitrijevic@dirkzwager.com]
Verzonden: maandag 2 juni 2008 11:24
Aan: users@tomcat.apache.org
Onderwerp: How to run own java application within Tomcat

Hi,

I have an Java application that I want to run standalone but also from
Tomcat.

This java application has a java class that make use of axis2 to expose
methods of this class as web service methods.

What I want is the following:

Scenario 1:

If I run my Java application as standalone application axis web service
methods are not available.

Scenario 2:

If I run my Java application from Tomcat axis web service methods are
available.

=================

Slobodanka, its really just design architecture...

Your application is (Lib + Java Executable) and in TC its (Lib + Java
Executable + Jax or Axis)

Sun have been trying to make this easier in Java6 see this artcle for
example
http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/jax_ws_2/

But Axis will work, the app will just have to carry the extra Axis
classes
so it compiles, and can run outside.

Then we having a little fun with a new thing called a POJO Application
Server
And you could actually combine all three.
A PAS takes a full application and pops just the UI side out of browsers
Its a Tomcat tool.

So now you can really blow your customers away ;)
Web service.
Runs stand alone.
Or the app just jumps out of the browser.

---
The only real POJO Application Server.
---

"The Maritime Information & Service Provider"

This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. It is intended for use by the addressee
only.
If you are not the intended addressee, we request that you notify us immediately and delete
this e-mail,
and any attachment(s), without copying, forwarding, disclosing or using it in any other way.
Royal
Dirkzwager will not be liable for damage relating to the communication by e-mail of data or
documents.