tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ktou Ho <hk...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Singleton in Tomcat 6.0 not working
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 19:46:18 GMT

Thanks. I willl try that.

Elwin> From: Larry.Isaacs@sas.com> To: users@tomcat.apache.org> Date: Thu, 5 Jun
2008 15:32:29 -0400> Subject: RE: Singleton in Tomcat 6.0 not working> > I think
the Tomcat support in Eclipse WTP is pretty reasonable, but it isn't perfect. For example,
if you name your project ROOT, Eclipse won't tell you that you are asking for trouble because
some web servers, like Tomcat, may give that particular name special treatment. This would
explain the:> > <Context docBase="ROOT" path="/ROOT" reloadable="true" source="org.eclipse.jst.jee.server:ROOT"/>>
> Thus, I would recommend not naming a Dynamic Web Project "ROOT". You can make a Dynamic
Web Project the default webapp by opening the Web Project Setting page of the project's Properties
dialog and set the Context Root field to a blank string. When published to a Tomcat server
in Eclipse, it will become the default (i.e. ROOT) webapp.> > Because putting Contexts
in server.xml is supported by all versions of Tomcat, this is the default behavior. For Tomcat
5.x and later, you can enable the "Publish module contexts to separate XML files" option in
the server editor. This will remove the Contexts from the server.xml (the one found under
the Servers project in your workspace) and write the Contexts to separate files when publishing
the server. Obviously, this implies the server.xml you find under the Servers project in your
workspace is not the one used by Tomcat when it is running. Tomcat runs off a modified copy
created when the server is published.> > See http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Tomcat_FAQ
for more details about the Tomcat support in Eclipse.> > Cheers,> Larry> >
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 2:24 PM> > To: Tomcat Users List> > Subject: RE:
Singleton in Tomcat 6.0 not working> >> >> > By the way, I was using the
Eclipse 3.3, it integrated the Tomcat> > development tool. It was the Eclipse add that
line to the server.xml.> > May be we need to let them know about this.> >>
> Thanks> > Elwin> From: Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> To: users@tomcat.apache.org>>
> Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 13:15:03 -0500> Subject: RE: Singleton in Tomcat> > 6.0
not working> > > From: ktou Ho [mailto:hktou@hotmail.com]> >> > Subject:
RE: Singleton in Tomcat 6.0 not working> >> > Did you mean I> > should just
remove this <Context> element> > from the server.xml?> >> > You should
never have put it in there, so definitely remove it. If you> > need to set the reloadable
attribute, then put just this:> > <Context> > reloadable="true"/>> >
in the file META-INF/context.xml inside the> > webapp. Note that setting reloadable
incurs some additional overhead> > inside Tomcat, so it is normally not used for production.>
> The doc> > reference:> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-> > doc/config/context.html>
> - Chuck> > > THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN> > CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE
PROPRIETARY MATERIAL and is thus for use> > only by the intended recipient. If you received
this in error, please> > contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments
on Windows Live(tm) Messenger.> > https://www.invite2messenger.net/im/?source=TXT_EML_WLH_InviteFriends>