tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ktou Ho <hk...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Singleton in Tomcat 6.0 not working
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 18:09:47 GMT

Did you mean I should just remove this  <Context> element from the server.xml?

Thanks
Elwin> From: Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> To: users@tomcat.apache.org> Date: Thu,
5 Jun 2008 12:55:58 -0500> Subject: RE: Singleton in Tomcat 6.0 not working> > >
From: ktou Ho [mailto:hktou@hotmail.com]> > Subject: RE: Singleton in Tomcat 6.0 not
working> >> > -------- Context from the server.xml --------> > <Context
docBase="ROOT" path="/ROOT" reloadable="true"> > source="org.eclipse.jst.jee.server:ROOT"/></Host>>
> Right there is a problem: the path attribute should be "", not "/ROOT", when you're defining
the default webapp. However, you should never be putting <Context> elements in server.xml;
the <Context> element belongs in the webapp's META-INF/context.xml file, if you need
it at all. When the <Context> element is not in server.xml, you must not use the docBase
or path attributes; also note that there is no source attribute for the <Context> element,
so all it should contain is the reloadable setting.> > - Chuck> > > THIS COMMUNICATION
MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY MATERIAL and is thus for use only by
the intended recipient. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.> > --------------------------------------------------------------------->