tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Simon Aquilina <sim...@hotmail.com>
Subject Tomcat Custom Connector
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 10:03:15 GMT

Hi,
I am interested in building a custom connector for Tomcat. I have checked the Tomcat source
code and found the source code for the ‘http11’ and ‘ajp’ connectors. I thought of
trying to understand the code of these two connectors and then try to implement mine based
on these. However I am no expert and was wondering if there is any good documentation/tutorial
on how a connector can be developed for Tomcat (I would later use this connector with Geronimo).
Just to give you some insight; what I want to achieve is to build a custom connector so that
Tomcat can understand requests made from a 3rd party clients who cannot communicate using
the Http protocol and nor do they expect data in html format. Additionally some of the clients
could communicate on Bluetooth!
I do not know if the above is even possible but I am willing to try :)
Thanks for any replies,
Regards,Sim085
http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx