tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ktou Ho <hk...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Singleton in Tomcat 6.0 not working
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 23:29:06 GMT

>How do you know you're getting two instances of the singleton?
I print out the counter in the constructor. ( I also using a debugger check, my filter got
call twice also).

> By any chance, do you have two <Host> elements, both using the same appBase value?I
guess you talking about the <Host> in the server.xml under TOMCAT/conf ?!  I only have
one, and it is
<Host appBase="webapps" autoDeploy="true" name="localhost" unpackWARs="true" xmlNamespaceAware="false"
xmlValidation="false">

Thanks
Elwin

> From: Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> To: users@tomcat.apache.org> Date: Wed, 4 Jun
2008 18:21:12 -0500> Subject: RE: Singleton in Tomcat 6.0 not working> > > From:
ktou Ho [mailto:hktou@hotmail.com]> > Subject: RE: Singleton in Tomcat 6.0 not working>
>> > I deploy the web app as ROOT.war to TOMCAT/webapps, (I> > removed the
old ROOT first for sure). And I am pretty sure, I> > didn't deploy twice.> > How
do you know you're getting two instances of the singleton?> > By any chance, do you
have two <Host> elements, both using the same appBase value?> > - Chuck> >
the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.> > --------------------------------------------------------------------->