tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ktou Ho <hk...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Singleton in Tomcat 6.0 not working
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 17:03:30 GMT

Have you tried to put in it the "ROOT"? I guess may be something work it that. Also I created
a filter (MyFilter) to test it, the following got executed twice :
-------------
MyFilter.<init>() line: 30
NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Constructor, Object[]) line: not available [native
method]
NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Object[]) line: 39
DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Object[]) line: 27
Constructor<T>.newInstance(Object...) line: 513
Class<T>.newInstance0() line: 355
Class<T>.newInstance() line: 308
ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter() line: 255
ApplicationFilterConfig.setFilterDef(FilterDef) line: 397
ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(Context, FilterDef) line: 108
StandardContext.filterStart() line: 3709
StandardContext.start() line: 4356
StandardHost(ContainerBase).start() line: 1045
StandardHost.start() line: 719
StandardEngine(ContainerBase).start() line: 1045
StandardEngine.start() line: 443
StandardService.start() line: 516
StandardServer.start() line: 710
Catalina.start() line: 578
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Method, Object, Object[]) line: not available [native method]

NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Object, Object[]) line: 39
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Object, Object[]) line: 25
Method.invoke(Object, Object...) line: 597
Bootstrap.start() line: 288
Bootstrap.main(String[]) line: 413

----------
> From: john@kewlstuff.co.za> To: users@tomcat.apache.org> Subject: Re: Singleton
in Tomcat 6.0 not working> Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 17:19:57 +0200> > > ----- Original
Message ----- > From: "Mikolaj Rydzewski" <miki@ceti.pl>> To: "Tomcat Users List"
<users@tomcat.apache.org>> Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 5:06 PM> Subject: Re:
Singleton in Tomcat 6.0 not working> > > > ktou Ho wrote:> >> The problem
I am facing is the Singleton is not working at all in the > >> servlet. I tried to
synchnozed the constructor or make it static. I > >> still get two instances of the
objects. How can I solve the problem?> > Is anyone able to reproduce this?> >
No, for fun I gave it a spin... it worked, one count> Think ktou is going to have to post
his code> Like chuck said, something fishy ;)> On NB its easy to mistakenly set up glassfish
as the server - ha ha> > > >> public class RemoteDBConnections> >>
{> >> private static RemoteDBConnections sInstance = new > >> RemoteDBConnections();>
>> private static int counter=0;> >> private RemoteDBConnections()> >>
{> >> System.out.println("counter =" + (counter++));> >>> > Add following
line (assuming you do not override default toString method):> >> > System.out.println(this.toString());>
HARBOR : http://www.kewlstuff.co.za/index.htm> The most powerful application server on
earth.> The only real POJO Application Server.> See it in Action : http://www.kewlstuff.co.za/cd_tut_swf/whatisejb1.htm>