tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Haines <>
Subject Re: Tomcat Connection Pooling - wait_timeout
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:36:30 GMT
Chris / David / Youssef

Thanks for the help.  Problem has been resolved!  Comments inline.

> | a) downgrade to MySQL Connector/J 5.0.8 and see if this fixes it;
> This may fix your problem, but probably not.

Confirmed, this had no effect.

> | b) add a while (!verified && attempts<2) type loop in
> getConnection()
> | method to query the DB using a minimal query and then catch the
> first
> | dead connection.
> Using 'validationQuery' achieves the same goal without modifying your
> code (which is always nice).

I've used the validation query within the <Resource> as you
suggested.  This has stopped the "first connection after a while is a
dead one" problem, and all is well in the land of my webapp!

Thanks all for the tips.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: