tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Miehs <and...@2sheds.de>
Subject Re: JMX Perform GC TOMCAT 5.5.23
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 14:59:40 GMT

On 04/06/2008, at 4:15 PM, karthikn wrote:

> We notice Constantly JAVA is  100% CPU utilization.

I am coming in late on this - what OS are u running?

How are you seeing the 100% CPU utilization, with top?

If you have a multiprocessor machine, you may find that top always
shows 100% when the total
of the process time on each processor added together is greater than
100% ie..

cpu 1: 30%
cpu 2: 30%
cpu 3: 30%
cpu 4: 30%

- Top shows 100%....

if you see

cpu 1:  30%
cpu 2: 100%
cpu 3:  30%
cpu 4:  30%

you probably have at least one infinite loop somewhere in your code...

while top is running, press '1' and you will see a list of cpus at the
top (debian linux)

or try running sar: sar -P ALL 1

Cheers

Andrew