tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Luca Stramenga" <>
Subject tomcat mod_proxy_ajp and root path
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:51:19 GMT
We setup an Apache Tomcat servlet and JSP engine using mod_proxy ajp as
connector to host a JAVA application.

Here is the httpd.conf entry:

ProxyRequests Off
> ProxyVia Off
> ProxyPreserveHost On
> ProxyPass /servlet/ ajp://
> ProxyPassReverseCookiePath / /servlet
> ProxyPassReverse /servlet ajp://

 This is the server.xml entry:

Host name="" debug="0" appBase="/var/www/virtual/
>" unpackWARs="false" autoDeploy="true"
> xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>  <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
> directory="/usr/share/tomcat-5.5.26/logs" prefix=""
> suffix=".log" timestamp="true" />
>  <Alias></Alias>
> </Host>

We have an URL issue when the application redirect to the root path. Here it
is what happens f.e.:
The application shows a login page at the address . When we try to logging in and click
submit, the server redirect us to with 404
ERROR. (correct URL should be*servlet*/fp2008/ )
This happens for every dynamic link created by the application when a user
perform an action.

Any suggestion will be appreciate. Many thanks.
Luca Stramenga #1 GameProvider