tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Noronha, Joao" <joao.noro...@logica.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat only responds to first request
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:29:55 GMT
Hello again, I guess the -server option only reliefed a bit the
situation by incresing the number of threads or something,
because I'm still getting a Tomcat freeze (dumper valve stops logging
requests) after a dozen clicks on refresh for the Tomcat root page.
This is happening with any Tomcat I have, I'm running J2SE1.5.0_12.
It is still not showing all images on each refresh.
Any suggestion?
Tx,
JN

________________________________

	From: Noronha, Joao
	Sent: quarta-feira, 4 de Junho de 2008 18:38
	To: 'users@tomcat.apache.org'
	Subject: RE: Tomcat only responds to first request

	I managed to solve the problem, by making 3 things, didn't
figure out which one did the trick:
	a) commenting AJP connector (I'm using standalone);
	b) changing port from 8082 to 10080
	c) using -server option in JVM options

	My guess would be option b)...

	By the way, Eclipse is messing a little with Eclipse config
(replaces server.xml),
	because I have the option "Run modules directly from the
workspace" unchecked.

	Tip: If you change the configuration (server.xml) and want
Eclipse to use it, you have to delete server from servers list and add a
new one.
	I unchecked it because I want Eclipse to use the webapps in the
Tomcat directory.
	I can also launch Tomcat from Eclipse and it is now processing
several HTTP requests.

	Now when I want to debug, Eclipse is always "Starting...",
checking why, but I guess you would like the good news...
	Cheers,
	JN