tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shashidhar Rampally" <shashi.rampa...@gmail.com>
Subject java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 21:07:45 GMT
Hey all,

I have deployed Alfresco (http://www.alfresco.com) on my
Apache2.0+modjk_Tomcat5.5.9 installation running on a Windows XP box.
Now, when I start Tomcat I get an OutOfMemoryError. I have searched a
lot and almost all posts say that I need to increase the heap space by
adding -Xms128m -Xmx512m to either JAVA_OPTS or CATALINA_OPTS
environment variable in the catalina.bat file. In my installation I do
not have a catalina.bat file at all! I do find catalina.policy and
catalina.properties files though in c:\Tomcat\conf directory. I tried
creating these variables in Windows Environment Variables but that did
not work.

Please advise!

Thanks,
Shashi