tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: NIO/Large-scale pushes to browsers/Jetty 6 Continuations
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 03:14:16 GMT
Oscar wrote:
> We used BlazeDS's publish/subscribe feature to implement server-side PUSH.
> However, we found it didn't work well with NIO, CPU wasn't stable, What's
> even worse, CPU will constanly be 99.9%.
> The system worked well with APR.

Is this just with Tomcat or did you investigate with something Grizzly
based as well?

I've always wondered whether NIO was the issue on various reports or
just Tomcat's implementation thereof [and find the notion of native
libraries for something that /should/ be a Java core competency irksome
-- but perhaps that's the current reality].

--
Jess Holle