tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [Logging] Tutorial Contribution
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 22:42:29 GMT
Hexsel, Gustavo schrieb:
>   That helps!  A few suggestions for the tomcat deployment:
> - make using log4j easier (either offer a binary version of
> tomcat-juli.jar that uses log4j - no source required since I can't build
> locally due to some dbcp error;  alternatively it could use

Tomcat 6 has static binding for the implementing log framework. So the
type of installed tomcat-juli.jar decides, if you are using
java.util.logging or Log4j. By default the j.u.l based one is bundled to
keep dependencies low, but you can find the Log4j bindings at:

    http://archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0.16/bin/extras/

(and in a similar directory on all mirrors).

The directory contains

- tomcat-juli.jar
- tomcat-juli-adapters.jar

which are described in

    http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/logging.html#log4j

The files mentioned there as lying in output/extras after building
Tomcat extras are the same, that you can find at the above download URL.

And yes; those downloads are a little hard to find ;)

Regards,

Rainer