tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Rebuilding Tomcat from sources
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 22:20:06 GMT
JLucas ZB schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I can't do the 'ant download' because our proxy disables some
> stations as ours so i have dowloaded (from 'another server') :
> apache-tomcat-6.0.14-src from tomcat site, it's  OK. Now, i just do
> from my tomcat src: ant and I still have the message:
>
> /exec/products/jlz/sources/apache-tomcat-6.0.14-src/build.xml:457:
> Warning: Could not find file
> /usr/share/java/tomcat-native-1.1.10/tomcat-native.tar.gz to copy.
>
> I tried to download tomcat-native-1.1.10.tar.gz and I could only get
> tomcat-native-1.1.10-src.tar.gz --> so, i have build it and it just
> created :
> ${tomcat-native-src}/jni/native/.libs/libtcnative-1.so.0.1.10 I do
> not understand
>
> Where can I download tomcat-native.tar.gz (http transfer from
> 'another server') ?

The file tomcat-native.tar.gz is identical to
tomcat-native-1.1.NN-src.tar.gz, where NN depends on the Tomcat version.
In your case NN=10. Simply rename the .tar.gz. The most recent is NN=13,
in a few days NN=14.

The build will not build tcnative. Normal (non-Windows) Tomcat
distributables simply bundle the tar.gz as a file in case the user wants
to build the native connector on his platform.

For running Tomcat without the native connector, you would never
actually use this file, (although the ant build mandatory wants to
bundle it in the Tomcat tarfile).

Regards,

Rainer