tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fátima Milla Olaya <fatima.milla-ol...@evidian.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.LinkageError
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:13:01 GMT

I'm using Tomcat 5.5 and Sun JDK 1.5.0 update 11.

I have configured it to use this JDK's virtual machine, but it seems
it's using Sun JRE 1.6 VM despite it not being declared anywhere (
neither on classpath nor anywhere else )
I think it is executing the java.exe of Windows/System32 because it
keeps the logs in this folder.
Caldarale, Charles R a écrit :
>> From: Fátima Milla Olaya [mailto:fatima.milla-olaya@evidian.com]
>> Subject: java.lang.LinkageError
>>
>> Hi! I have a problem with the configuration of the logs in Tomcat
>> (it puts the logs in Windows/System32) and also I get an error
>> that doesn't let me start the service:
>>

> Don't suppose you'd want to tell us the version of Tomcat you're using?  As well as the
JDK/JRE version?

>> java.lang.LinkageError: java/util/logging/LogRecord
>>    at
>> com.evidian.security.authz.local.audit.AuditFilter.isLoggable(AuditFilter.java:25)
>>

> According to the API doc for LinkageError:
> "Subclasses of LinkageError indicate that a class has some dependency on another class;
however, the latter class has incompatibly changed after the compilation of the former class."

> Looks like code in *your* product - not Tomcat - is causing the exception.  Perhaps you're
compiling on one JDK version and trying to run with another that's not compatible.