tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Alias problem
Date Sat, 21 Jun 2008 19:44:33 GMT
Hi Frank,

Frank B├╝ttner schrieb:
> Hello,
> I have the follow constellation:
> an web application called "foo" on an tomcat 6.
> An the link on my apache to call the application shout be:
> /webapps/bar
>
> so I have add this to my apache config for the directory webapps:
> RewriteBase /webapps/
> RewriteRule ^bar$ bar/ [R]
> and outside of the directory directive:
> JkMount /webapps/bar/* worker1

I would drop the RewriteBase, which seems to make things more complicated.

RewriteRule ^/webapps/bar$ /foo [PT]
RewriteRule ^/webapps/bar/(.*)$ /foo/$1 [PT]

and

JkMount /foo|* worker1

You had no "foo" in your config, so how was it supposed to work?

If you want mod_jk to act after an internal rewrite, you need to use the
"PT" flag in the RewriteRule.

If it doesn't work, add a RewriteLog and see, what your RewriteRules are
actually doing.

> the definitions of worker1:
> worker.worker1
> worker.worker1.type=ajp13
> worker.worker1.host=XXXXX
> worker.worker1.port=YYYYYYY
>
> When I call http://server/webapps/bar then I get the error that of the
> tomcat that /webapps/bar/ don't exits.(which is true, because it must be
> /foo) And now my question who can I tell Apache to send all for
> /webapps/bar to my tomcat as /foo/? For some reason it is not possible
> to rename server/webapps/bar to server/foo/.
>
> Thanks,
> Frank

Regards,

Rainer