tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Problem Running mod_jk with apache2
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:05:00 GMT
Hi Junaid,

Junaid Arshad wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've been trying to setup mod_jk1.2.15 with Apache2.0.63 and tomcat
> 5.5.23. After some hassle I was able to build mod_jk.so and did modify
> the httpd.conf to say the location of the ".so" and worksers.properties
> but when I tried to start apache it failed with the following error:
>
> eipvm03:/usr/local/apache2/bin# ./apachectl
> restart                             Syntax error on line 1081 of
> /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> API module structure 'jk_module' in file
> /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so is garbled - expected signature
> 41503230 but saw 41503232 - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO, or
> was compiled for a different Apache version?
>
> Any help will be much appreciated....

Which steps did you go to produce the mod_jk.so?

Some hints:

- don't use 1.2.15. We are at 1.2.26. That won't solve your problem, but
if you start fresh, don't start with such an old version.

- configure needs --with-apxs. On some systems, there is an apxs file
for use with httpd 1.3, and a file apxs2 for use with httpd 2.0. You
need to ask your supplier of httpd, where the correct apxs for the
version of httpd you want to use sits. In a default installation layout
of httpd, it is in the bin directory of the httpd installation
directory. Most Linuxes though scatter all the httpd parts around in the
system. You can use "rpm -q --filesbypkg" to find out, where rpm
contents have been installed to.

> Many Thanks!
>
> Junaid

Regards,