tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5: Why can't I see the applications?
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 13:47:07 GMT

J ANDERSEN wrote:
> I am trying to get Tomcat to work (Linux, 64 bits) - it runs fine, I can connect to localhost:8080,
but no matter what I have tried, there doesn't seem to be any applications. It is probably
just a question of find the right place to set things up, but where?

> I have tried to follow the user guide, http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/index.html,
but to no avail, I'm afraid. Also, what is the default administrator and password supposed
to be?

Glad to see a question at my level in this list, for once.
Assuming your config is fairly standard, you should find a file
"tomcat-users.xml" somewhere (in a "/conf" directory ?).  That's
probably where the admin user is defined.

About the first question, can you tell us how you installed this Tomcat,
and under which flavor of Linux you're installing it ?
Maybe the applications are just another package, which you have not
installed ?
(Look for tomcat-webapps or tomcat-examples or similar.)