tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Ochani" <ocha...@ncc.edu>
Subject Re: Using PHP4 with Tomcat5.5
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 19:29:27 GMT
On 16 Jun 2008 at 14:37, Jonathan Mast wrote:

Date sent:	Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:37:55 -0400
From:	Jonathan Mast <jhmast.developer@gmail.com>
Subject:	Re: Using PHP4 with Tomcat5.5
To:	Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>,
Steve.Ochani@ncc.edu
Send reply to:	Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>

> Thanks, but I've tried them both and no luck.  The Tomcat wiki tells
> me how
> to compile php for tomcat, which i have no intention of doing.  The
> second
> one tells me i must unjar the phpservlet.jar file and fiddle with
> some
> properties.  But I know I don't have to do this.  My work computer
> has been
> set up to use PHP and Tomcat and it works fine.

If it works fine then what is the problem?

> But I (and everyone
> else at
> work) can't find whatever magic was performed to get it to
> function.

Get what to function? PHP? Just make a php file in a webapp dir. For example

TOMCAT_DIR/webapps/webappname/test.php

If you mean you are trying to recreate the already existing setup that you have then you will

have to ask the person who did the setups. Noone on this list will be able to tell you how
that
person did the setup with 100% certainity.

> BTW: does Tomcat have an equivalent to phpinfo(); ?  I would like

No.

> some way
> to exam the internals of Tomcat.

Not sure what you mean by that. Tomcat is written in Java and is primarily a Java servlet

container.

If you run a php app in tomcat with phpinfo() you will get details about the php install not

Tomcat

> How difficult is it to set up apache on windows?

By apache I'm guessing you mean apache webserver whic is very easy to install, IMO.

> It doesn't come as
> binary as i recall, and i'm loath to go about compiling C/C++ on a
> windoze
> contraption :-[

It comes as a binary install.

BTW please configure your e-mail client to follow reply-to headers.

-Steve O.