tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <>
Subject Re: Tomcat, iis connector and case sensitivity
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:25:58 GMT
Luis Villa wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm trying to add redirect rules to the tomcat connector. I've been reading
> Tomcat connector documentation, and what I've done till the moment is this:
> 1.- I've created a with this content:
>       /myapplication/=/MyApplication/
>       /MYAPPLICATION/=/MyApplication/
>       /MYAP/=/MyApplication/
> 2.- I've added this to
>        # Full path to the file
> rewrite_rule_file=c:\apache-tomcat-6.0.14\conf\
> ... but it only works with /MyApplication/ (the name in webapps in tomcat).
> Any other form (myapplication, MYAPPLICATION or MYAP) returns a 404 error.
> Does somebody what I'm doing wrong?

Set you redirector log level to debug and try once.

During startup, you should see

     Using rewrite rule file YOURRULESFILE

in the log file, and later

     Loaded rewrite rule file YOURRULESFILE

Between those two, you should also see lines indicating, that the
contents of the file got parsed.

If a rule matches a request, you should also see a log line in the
redirector log file of the form:

     rewriten URI [OLDURL]->[NEWURL]

(the typo "rewriten" instead of "rewritten" has only been corrected in
the latest release 1.2.26, before it is written as above).

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message