tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: jk manager: what means CE (client errors) ?
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:13:30 GMT
Stephanie Wullbieter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in jk manager there is
>
> CE	Number of client errors
>
> shown.
>
> What means "client error" ? When happens this?

Client = http client in front of web server (e.g. browser)

Typically: when we either try to read a part of the request from the
client or - more often - when we want to write back part of the response
to the client and the connection to the client is dead.

E.g. a response took to long and the client (user in front of the
browser) already clicked retry or on another link. Then the browser
sresets the connection, and we can only realize, when we try to use it
in order to either get more data or write back data.

Those events correlate 1:1 to client error messages in the JK log file.

> Thank You,
>
> Stephanie

Regards,

Rainer