tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: Tomcat producing (near) duplicate Catalina logs
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 22:59:43 GMT
Apart from the GE/BMW stuff, many thanks for your answers and time
anyway.  Not that you'd think me ungrateful.

Christopher Schultz wrote:
> André,
> André Warnier wrote:
> | Is it possible to change this so that Tomcat5.5 would produce a single
> | logfile e.g. per month (catalina.yyyy-mm.log), instead of one per day ?
> IIRC, Tomcat does not do any log rolling of any kind on its own. Tomcat
> uses commons-logging for just about everything, and commons-logging can
> be configured to work with a particular logging system (juli, log4j,
> etc.).
Ok, then where about in my Tomcat configuration would I find which
logging system it uses, or a pointer to something that tells me which
system is used ?
Starting, say, from Tomcat's "server.xml" ?

And thanks for the detailed info that was included below here.
I store it away for later use, just in case that's what I've got.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message