tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat producing (near) duplicate Catalina logs
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:42:22 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

>> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
>> Subject: Re: Tomcat producing (near) duplicate Catalina logs
>>
>> Then one of the Linux mangling distribution authors intervened
>> to explain why they were mangling and re-arranging things, and
>> it all made a lot of sense too.
>
> Then get them to support the mess they create.
>
> Seriously, throw away the 3rd-party junk and install a real Tomcat.  The mangled distributions
are simply not reliable, regardless of how well-founded the intentions are.

Ok. Maybe if we phrased the question differently then :

Hi guys,

To Tomcat developers and/or members of the "real Tomcat" fraternity :

under which circumstances /would/ Tomcat 5.5 under Linux create two
almost-identical-but-not-quite logfiles,
- one named "catalina.2008-06-12.log"
- one named "catalina_2008-06-12.log"
.. just theoretically ?

And thanks for your benevolent help.

To Linux Debian Tomcat 5.5 packagers (and manglers) :

why does Tomcat 5.5 under Debian Linux Etch create two
almost-identical-but-not-quite logfiles,
- one named "catalina.2008-06-12.log"
- one named "catalina_2008-06-12.log"
huh, why ?
and where did you put the configuration snippet that tells it to do that ?

And thanks for your benevolent help.

André