tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Pratt <prat...@gmail.com>
Subject Any users with centralized logging?
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 20:44:09 GMT
Hi all,

Have a vanilla tomcat & coherence instance logging to local files--
CATALINA_BASE/logs and CACHE/logs.  I am implementing a central
logserver and want to get these into the syslog.

I tried

tail -f [file log] | logger -p local#.info

message.  The tomcat and coherence events are rather long and can
include stack traces.  I want to keep the entirety of their events as a
single message event in syslog.

Has anyone faced and conquered a similar issue?  Thanks in advance.

Chris