tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: Session lost when switching from https to http after upgrade to Tomcat 6
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2008 11:20:24 GMT

André Warnier wrote:
> Mark,
> thank you for the explanations below.  And I apologise if I answered
> rather testily before.
No problem. I can be a little short too sometimes.

>> The problem is that some clients (as a result of the ISP they are
>> using) change IP with every request.
> Off-topic : Are you sure that can really happen ? I must admit that I
> have never seen that behaviour before, and it seems to me that it would
> create a host of other problems (such as breaking the underlying TCP
> sessions).
I have never seen it but I do recall other people mentioning it as a
potential issue previously on this list. I just did a search of the
archives and found this thread:

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: