tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: quick question regarding jsvc
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 00:37:06 GMT
I'm seeing that as well.  The root user jsvc process is parent to the
tomcat user jsvc process.  You'll also notice from analysis of netstat's
output that the tomcat user jsvc process is the only one listening to
ports.  The one running as root is just there to spawn the true tomcat
process with access to privileged ports.  I'm sure the root user jsvc
process is also the one that takes a kill signal and sends a normal
shutdown command to the other.

--David