tomcat-users mailing list archives

From karthikn <karthik.nanjang...@xius-bcgi.com>
Subject Re: JMX Perform GC TOMCAT 5.5.23
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 13:48:11 GMT
Hi

 >> Doing a manual GC at arbitrary times can be disruptive in that it
suspends application threads for the duration.

Reason : We have a Production TOMCAT 5.5.23 where in CPU Utilization for
JAVA is going   100%  ,

This Tomcat needs to be restarted started every 12+ hrs

We suspect HP supported JDK1.6 bing the culprit for the same

with regards
Karthik

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: karthikn [mailto:karthik.nanjangude@xius-bcgi.com]
>> Subject: JMX Perform GC TOMCAT 5.5.23
>>
>> For a  Production and Live version Tomcat, Can i hook
>> Jconsole via JMX on the tomcat and force GC process in
>> REMOTE Mode...
>> Is this permitted or not ?
>>

> Depends on what you mean by "permitted".  It certainly works, but it's probably not a
good idea to push the button - let the JVM take care of GC, that's what it's good at.  Doing