tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat sessions in profiler
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 22:02:19 GMT
Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 12:45 PM,  <dhay@lexmark.com> wrote:
>> This is internal so no spiders, and no monitoring on it.  Nothing in the
>> logs either...
>
> OK, that last seems wierd to me, especially since the JavaDoc for
> HttpSession says:
>
> =  The servlet container uses this interface to create a session
> =  between an HTTP client and an HTTP server.
>
> In the absence of a Request, it's hard to imagine where a Session
> would come from...

A thorough examination of the OPs access log at precisely the time of
the creation of the session would illuminate the culprit, one assumes.

David do you have an access log configured?
If not, try to replicate the incident with a log enabled...

  http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/valve.html