tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gabe Wong <gabri...@ngasi.com>
Subject Re: BLACK ZONE alert on Stopping Tomcat Server
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 15:05:37 GMT
Hi Ghulam,
Virtuozzo, is an OS level based VPS. Which means available system
resources are shared between the VPS.
During Shutdown, a Java process is created; this in turn utilizes a
burst of RAM. So at that moment you have
3 JVMs running - TomcatA, TomcatB, and ShutdownA. That 3rd JVM may be
stretching the available resources
on your System. Now after TomcatA is completely shutdown, when you go to
shutdown TomcatB,
at that particular moment you have 2 JVMS (TomcatB,ShutdownB), which
your system is able to easily handle.
It is essentially a matter of available system RAM. You may want to
increase the RAM.

--
Regards

Gabe Wong
NGASI AppServer Manager
JAVA AUTOMATION and SaaS Enablement
http://www.ngasi.com
NEW! 8.1 - Centrally manage Application Servers across multiple physical servers