tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jesse Klaasse" <Jesse.Klaa...@indicia.nl>
Subject RE: URL encoding problem IIS6 / JK1.2.25 / Tomcat 5.5.20
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 06:51:18 GMT
André Warnier wrote:

>It would appear (from the logs), that there is some double-encoding of the URI going on.
>[snip]
>But, if somewhere along the line, a piece of code was receiving the encoded URI "http://.../test%5Bbrackets%5D.jsp",
and decided to re-encode it again using the "% hex hex" method, then you would get this URI
: "http://.../test%255Bbrackets%255D.jsp" (where "%25" is the encoded version of "%").
>Then the next step would decode this URI back into "http://.../test%5Bbrackets%5D.jsp",
and that is what the server would try to access, what would be logged, and also what you seem
to experience.
>
>So, which is the culprit which re-encodes something it should not ?
>And is there not some parameter somewhere which forces it to do so ?

Thanks for your excellent answer. I have fixed the problem now. There is a setting for the
isapi_redirecor called "uri_select". This parameter controls the URI's which are passed to
Tomcat from IIS. It defaults to value "proxy", which leads to some re-encoding. I have changed
the parameter's value to "unparsed" now, which has solved the problem.

For those who want to know more, the parameter is explained here: http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/iis.html

Jesse.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message