tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From nch <>
Subject Re: Character encoding
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:20:32 GMT

Thanks, Christopher.
This doesn't work either.

I removed the useBodyEncoding property, as you suggested, from the Connector element, but
the URI parameter coming in the request is still being decoded into ISO-8859-1 instead of
UTF-8. Pages are displaying correctly, I use pageEncoding="UTF-8" contentType="text/html;charset=utf-8"
in every single page
I also tried changing my system locale into es_ES.UTF-8 (it was en_US-UTF-8) by following , but I can see no difference after restarting
Remember, I'm having this problem in debian etch (works fine in windows xp).

Many thanks.

----- Original Message ----
From: Christopher Schultz <>
To: Tomcat Users List <>
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 3:56:13 PM
Subject: Re: Character encoding

Hash: SHA1


nch wrote:
| I'm having difficulties trying to decode URI parameters into UTF8.


| When I moved the application
| to linux (debian etch) I found out it was not working.

We run on Linux as well. TC 5.5.23, Java 1.5.0_11. We have configured
the following:

1. Set URIEncoding="UTF-8" on our <Connector>
~   (but /not/ useBodyEncoding)

2. Installed a filter similar to the one you mentioned

3. Output encoding on every page is set to UTF-8

This appears to work with us (we tried several greek characters and they
went into our database and came back out correctly).

Try removing the "useBodyEncoding" setting.

- -chris
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -


To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message